Monday, April 11, 2016

Eze Speaks of Raven and Chickadee:



“Let me start by saying WIFI has been hard to find this trip.  Every camp says there is WIFI, but that was a stretch, either it didn’t work, it never worked or you have to go to the “office”…I don’t get out that easily. Of course, try to get on mom’s hot spot. She guards that like gold. So, for me to blog is a special treat.

I want to talk about “list birds”.   It all started when my humans met Raven and Chickadee. Now what kind of humans name themselves after birds?  You may know, although politically incorrect, I am a birder, a lister in fact. I know Chickadees when I see them.  They are common on my table feeder at home in Ohio.  I have never seen a Raven.  I have a theory.

Chickadee is really Laurel, she admitted to that and took quite a liking to me. She is a cat person and had a sweet baby of her own for 17 years.  It was Raven I have a problem with.
Raven is a lot like my human dad.  He is a birder for sure, talks birds, knows birds and “speaks bird”.  Yes, he ID’s with sound,  knowing bird language.  That caused me to question: was he really the unknown Raven? He had a lot of face hair and wore a jungle Jim hat … to conceal his identity perhaps? Was I in the company of a Raven?
I know my imagination is running wild, but still….

Yes, I’m going with Raven….I need a new "list bird."  Got the Carolina Wren just yesterday in Tenn. and wild turkeys on the Trace. Until I see evidence on IBird Ultimate (of which I never get a turn on the Iphone)….yes, I’m adding Raven to my list.”


Eze



                                                 ***************************

I knew I should not have let Eze on the hot spot. He is charming when he begs.  Of course, Eric is the Raven in www.RavenandChickadee.com.  Eric and Laurel are full-time RV’ers and the most interesting couple. Their "real" home is in Ashland, Oregon.  They have been out on the road three years in their lovely Arctic Fox. Eric is a very good birder, indeed. We also share a love of fine food and good wine. 

Laurel is a professional writer and blogger which causes me to pause. I ramble on my blog with little experience with journalistic endeavors.  I just know she is going to read this. Be kind, Laurel. :)  

Ed and I so enjoyed their  company; we met on Dauphin Island and we followed them to New Orleans.  We didn’t have New Orleans on our travel agenda, however that is what a road trip can become. Destination unknown.  We spent two days together at the French Quarter Jazz festival.  We did a wonderful walking  tour in the Garden District. Ed had his first Beignets and Chicory coffee.  Eric (alias Raven) and Laurel were so kind to offer their vehicle to get us from camp to the Ferry to the French Quarter, a wonderful adventure together.

I know our paths will cross again. We look forward to seeing you, Raven and Chickadee, soon!
Eric and Laurel  Alias: Raven and Chickadee


1 comment:

  1. Dear Diana, Ed, & Eze: Meeting you three was a highlight of our time on Dauphin Island. There are some people (and kitties) that we just immediately connect with. How lucky we were to meet up on the trail! We were delighted that you decided to come along on our New Orleans adventure. We're looking forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future. Don't know if you've been to High Island -- we're here now, and you would love it! Enjoy your time at home and at Magee Marsh. Keep on posting so that we can follow along! Laurel & Eric (AKA Raven and Chickadee)

    ReplyDelete