Friday, February 5, 2016

Is there an App for this?














Where do I get these ideas....In the quiet of the parks, with long days to enjoy: My mind is always free to think abstract thoughts.  I'm hoping that is a positive thing.

For instance:

We book our "sites"  (parking spaces within the Parks, Resorts, etc. for the Lark) well in advance of the season or when we see a trip coming up.  Ed and I are not fans of free wheeling it around the country.  I think we could always find a place to park last minute, but we really like to have a choice, a reservation and hopefully a good view with privacy.  That is not easy to do on line.

I've become pretty adept at site location.  I can usually download a map of some sort provided on line of the campground.  These maps are sometimes "child drawn" and sometimes very well done. Then I proceed to Google Earth and see what I can see.  I'm looking always for waterfront or water view and then privacy.  The last thing we want is to pull into a "parking lot" of RV's lined up 10 feet apart. Yuck!







Remember Ed continues to be the "camper".... trees, wild things, birds and privacy.  He only admits to "glamping" once the aforementioned is secured.  Always includes  fine dining and good wine (or beer).

I have a few other secrets to finding just the right spot....if I told you they would not be secrets. :)

So, as I am biking through the two circles of campsites in Black Water River State Park I'm thinking.
We have a great private site, and didn't miss any water views, as the River is well below grade from the campsites. Turns out that is a good thing.... we had a big rain storm and the road into the park is currently underwater.  Not to worry, I carry enough food staples to last a week if we are stuck. This is no Donner Party.

Anyway, back to my idea.  I look around to see "no water fronts/views", got that right.  However, there are about 8 additional really nice private sites.   I'm thinking there are also 2 sites really close to the bathhouse.  That seems to always be popular.  Some RVers  can't walk too far to the bathhouse.  The parks are all very good about handicapped parking site, all you have to do is inquire.  There are also issues with length of rig and how level a site.  And you thought wheeling around the countryside was easy?






Here's where an App comes in:  Look up the park, by state, name, city etc.  Find the site  that would fit your needs and/or wants: then make the reservation and confirm other issues with the park.

I like 1.  Waterfront/Water view
         2.  Private
         3.   Near a bathhouse

"Notes" would be nice too.  Expectations and preferable positive feedback.


Easy Peasy


I've done one very extensive web site and a few free ones.  Never an app.  Wonder what that costs, think I will google it.  Then I will text Jason for good advice, he has lots of friends in Silicon Valley that do apps all the time.

Of course, getting the info is a trick.  I think I can get RV'ers to submit there choices and notes about a park for a Charter Membership for FREE.  Everybody likes FREE.  My RV readers:  Send me your feedback.  Especially, the Shrumm's....our good RVing buddies from Canada. (We are deciding if we will forgive you for spending this winter season on the tropical Island of Bonaire in the  Caribbean without us. )




Sometimes a good place to Park the Lark is in our best friends drive.
Heated Pool and all the Pinochle and Canasta we can play!
Eze gets to visit  with his cousin Cairo :)











No comments:

Post a Comment