Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Why an RV?


Why an RV?  I know it beats tent camping. I know it is better than a boat v berth at a dock. You can have a lot of your stuff with you. You can get up every morning in a new and interesting location. We like to eat out own food and sleep in our own bed. Eze is with us: where he always prefers to be.

When our son, Jason, was little we had the opportunity to take several vacations in an RV. We never forgot how much fun it was. Now we have, thanks to Jason, and his lovely wife, Michaela, two beautiful granddaughters who can't wait for a trip with us.


Rylan and Savana

We are of that age to have the time and money to have an Adventure.  We are of the age to know adventure time is not unlimited.

Baby boomers have coined a new use of the word Transition. Transition is the new word for retirement. We are equipped on the lark to continue our transition (I guess to old, very old age). I hope.   I'm doing this blog on my IPad with laptop, mini printer, scanner and IPhone with hotspot aboard. Cellular keeps us connected.  I do have a hotspot on my phone,  but have yet to figure on how to use it.  I can also write my blog verbally, then proof.  Way cool.

Back to the question of why an RV?  If you've lived in Cleveland all of your life you would be pleased to be going south for the winter.  We are known as "snowbirds", a term highly offensive to Eze.  Sun and the beach and adventure calls us.

We considered a condo purchase last year in Florida, but decided we were not ready to put down a second set of roots. There is some gypsy in all RVer's.


No comments:

Post a Comment